Hello, we’re Glowmade! We’re building a game that’s about creating, exploring, and sharing. We want to unlock people's imagination, help them build a community and express themselves in wonderful, fun ways.
We are a funded start-up owned and run by highly motivated and experienced game developers. This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in our small but efficient code team. Reporting to Jonny (Co-Founder and Tech Lead) you will be pivotal in the success of the Android version of our mobile game. You will build out the platform-specific parts of the product, including the client runtime and the backend toolchain.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant contribution not only to the game but to our team and our company. Everyone at Glowmade has a voice, and it’s important to us that you feel empowered and are given the opportunity to use it.
From day one we would like you to…
- Own the Android-specific areas of our mobile-first game
- Develop and manage the Android asset build pipeline for our offline tools
- Take responsibility for a test plan to ensure quality across a broad range of devices
- Contribute to the performance, quality and fun of the whole game
In six months you will be…
- Celebrating, having launched the first version of our game on Android (Or sweating, being very close to launching it)
- Talking about what new features we can add
- Part of regular content release cycles for a live product
- Shipped at least one game on the Android platform
- Confidence and willingness to lead: You will be the main port of call for the platform.
- Solid knowledge of the Android NDK and OS, and C/C++
- Cross-platform development experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional development experience
- Commitment to quality and an attention to detail
- Ability to keep your head when overwhelmed by the terrifying array of devices your code will be played on
- Shipped a cross-platform mobile game
- A passion for games and a solid understanding of tech development
- A knowledge of OpenGL and modern mobile graphics techniques
- Experience developing for Virtual Reality
A few more bits...
We love our team and we want you to be a part of it. We’re based in Guildford, UK and so we’d really like to have you here with us. This is initially a contract role lasting 3-6 months. We offer competitive wages and we are an actively equal opportunities employer. If all of the above sounds exciting and you think you can fill this pivotal role, please get in touch. No agencies please!